PPA AND OTHER OFF-TAKE AGREEMENTS
We assist clients in the formulation, negotiation, and/or finalization of off-take agreements across the full spectrum of resources.
- Finalization of Power Purchase Agreements in formal electrical energy procurements where provisions mostly are templated.
- Corporate Power Purchase Agreements between IPPs and corporate offtakers of embedded generated electrical energy.
- Corporate Power Purchase Agreements between IPPs and third party aggregators trading in electrical energy generated on a distributed basis, and wheeling that power to its clients across utility and municipal networks.
- Heat/Steam and Syngas Off-take Agreements between independent producers and in-situ corporate clients requiring such resources, produced at their premises, for their industrial or commercial processes.
- Similar Heat/Steam and Syngas Off-take Agreements for third party aggregators trading in these resources.
Our specific past experience includes:
- Finalizing several Power Purchase Agreements in the third and fourth rounds of the South African Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Programme, across all major technologies - onshore wind; solar PV; biomass.
- Advising the Zambian national utility on the template Power Purchase Agreement proposed to be used in the Zambian renewable energy procurement programme.
- Evaluating and advising the acquirer of a coal-fired IPP power station on the long-term Power Purchase Agreement with a corporatized municipal off-taker.
- Formulating, negotiating, and finalizing a template Corporate Power Purchase Agreement between an IPP and an energy trader, the template to be used for all of the projects where the trader takes the electrical energy generated by the IPP on a distributed basis.
- Negotiating and finalizing the Corporate Power Purchase Agreement between such IPP and trader in respect of the electrical energy to be generated at two small hydropower facilities to be developed along the Orange-Fish-Sundays River Water Schemes in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Formulating the template Corporate Power Purchase Agreement to be utilized by the developer of a pipeline of commercial rooftop solar PV facilities, the electrical energy to be sold to the owner of the premises where the embedded generator is located and/or to third party corporate off-takers.
- Evaluating and advising an equity participant in a waste-to-energy project on the short-term Syngas Off-take Agreement with a third party off-taker.
- Advising a multinational corporation on the proposed off-take arrangements in respect of steam and electrical power generated by the co-generation facilities at its industrial plants around South Africa.
- Formulating, negotiating, and finalizing the Heat Off-take Agreement, the Syngas Off-take Agreement, and the Power Purchase Agreement in respect of heat, syngas, and electrical power to be produced by a biowaste-to-energy pyrolysis facility to be developed at the off-taker's industrial premises in South Africa.