FUEL- AND OTHER SUPPLY AGREEMENTS
Many projects are utterly reliant upon the secure and reliable supply of the resources which they convert into energy or utilize in their own industrial processes. We assist clients - both suppliers and receivers - in formulating and concluding case-hardened supply agreements with tried and tested terms that fairly allocate risk and fairly reward the risk-taker.
Resources in respect of which we have so assisted clients include:
Petroleum Fuels & Products
Our specific past experience includes:
- Formulating, negotiating and concluding the biomass- and water supply agreements for the Owner of a 25MW biomass-to-energy facility being developed under the 4th round of the South African IPP Renewable Energy Procurement Programme.
- Formulating, negotiating and concluding the biowaste-, additional solid waste-, and water supply agreements for the Owner of an embedded biowaste-to-energy facility using pyrolysis technology generating heat, syngas, and electrical energy to be developed at the host industrial plant.
- Advising an international trader in LPG as to the import and on-sale of LPG in South Africa, and reviewing its standard gas sales agreements to ensure compliance with the South African legislative and regulatory framework.
- Assisting a major South African coal supplier with the formulation, negotiation, and conclusion of a detailed term sheet for the supply of coal to an independent power producer participating in the South African Coal IPP Procurement Programme.
- Assisting the South African national oil company in formulating and negotiating the detailed term sheet for the supply of tail gas from its projects offshore the South African south-east coast to the national electricity utility for gas-to-power purposes (project shelved for commercial reasons).
- Regularly advising the South African operation of an international oil company on commercial and regulatory aspects and issues pertaining to its downstream sale of liquid fuels and other petroleum products.
- Advising the South African national oil company and its project partner regarding commercial and regulatory aspects pertaining to the production and on-sale of crude oil produced from the Oribi and Oryx fields offshore the South African south-east coast.